GSID: TheVoices_WoC
Gamespy ID: TheVoices_WoC

Character Name: Vysian Ik’kral’gragh.

Race: Half-Dragon(Green).

Class: Mystic Theurge.

Domain: Master of Destruction

Alignment: True Neutral.

Deity: Jaerik.

Description: Stands 6’4”(193cm), a toned frame but not overly muscular. The way he moves betrays potential agility that can be clearly seen when in battle, however his movement seems lazy and relaxed when he has no need of being on edge.

His hair is long and of a dark green hue with a metallic shine when the light catches it, matched by dark green nails that also bear the same metallic sheen. Small horns are visible protruding through the hair when his head is uncovered, along with slightly pointed ears when hair does not fall across them. His eyes are an emerald green with a penetrating observant gaze at almost everything he sees, despite this seeming analysis of all he sees his eyes are often clear of emotion. His face is ruggedly handsome relaxing into a calm, neutral and moderately friendly expression most of the time.

His voice is deep and rich layered with different tones even on the simplest of words, thus making the emotions of his voice indistinct and virtually impossible to read to the ears of most. When he raises his voice in anger or frustration, it rumbles deeply like a quake deep beneath the ground laces his words.

Bio:

A laugh of dark humorous delight echoed from deep within the cave system followed closely by muffled groans. Deeper within the labyrinth of passages and caverns was a single particular large chamber, lit by several large iron torches around the edges and a fire in the centre of the room upon which a cauldron bubbled. Halfway up one wall between two of the torches, held there by ropes around his wrists and ankles that were seemingly attached to nothing was a man, covered in blood but seemingly unharmed.

’Oh come now, can you really be telling me you don’t see the humour?’, the man upon the wall let out a weak groan. The one asking the question was a man in a long plain brown hooded robe, an amused smile barely visible in the darkness beneath the hood.

’Bah, you are not even remotely as much fun as Fredrick was.’, Vysian gestured vaguely to a polished skull that was sitting upon a shelf on the opposite side of the cave to the prisoner.

’Your brother provided far more contribution t’my entertainment whilst I prepared my experiment than you have Duncan, you really should try harder t’be a better guest.’, with that Vysian moved away from the cauldron towards a host of cages and boxes against the cavern walls to begin sorting through them.

After a short while he opened one of the smaller cages, plucking from it a small rabbit that was completely terrified and motionless. Vysian slowly carried the rabbit over to the cauldron, drawing a cruel looking curved dagger from his belt he slit the animals throat; letting the blood run into the bubbling mixture speaking as it does so.

’Ickal selan imar, imar telouq.’, a plume of purple smoke rose from the cauldron as the mixture turned a dark sickly green. Using the knife Vysian then with a sickening crack cut the head clean off the rabbit, throwing the body away he proceeded towards Duncan suspended upon the wall.

Using the head of the rabbit as a brush the Dragonkin painted a series of runes upon the man’s chest before leaning back to inspect the result, like an artist checking the precision of his work.

’Yes, that will do nicely.’, he turned on a heel moving to check on the cauldron, discarding the rabbit head as he went. Thoughtfully he gazed into the cauldron at the thick, dark green liquid that was slowly lightening.

’It seems Duncan that we have a few minutes t’pass. Let’s see, what shall we talk about?’, Vysian slowly circles the room tapping his fingers upon his chin until Duncan moans indistinctly.

’Of course Duncan! How rude of me, I should explain t’my guest the experiment he has the pleasure of helping me with.’, he stopped his walking a short distance from Duncan, tapping his chin lightly as he thought.

’Let me see... where t’begin. Well, Duncan, what we have here is a Blood Magic ritual.’, he waited listening to the silence of the man for a few moments before continuing.

’Not heard of it? Unsurprising, it isn’t known about very widely and is practiced even less widely. You see it requires incredibly precision for even the smallest ritual, and if the slightest factor changes or is unaccounted for the result can be an utter failure and even dangerous t’the Mage that performs the ritual. It is a very ancient way of performing magic and there are far better ways to achieve the same results in most circumstances. But it possesses a certain savage elegance when it works.’, Duncan manages an angry moan but the words are indistinct as blood gushes from his mouth at the attempt to speak.

’Why you? Well, it is quite simple, it was your Grandfather who first taught me of the art. As you know he was a Wizard, his skill and powers weren’t especially noteworthy, but the range of his knowledge was exceptional. Yes, I managed t’learn a great deal about distant and magical arts I previously had no knowledge of. But unfortunately, your Grandfather was very intelligent and eventually realised that I was just using him for his knowledge t'further my own pursuits.’, he sighs faintly.

’It’s a shame that he had t’wise up and betray me t’the authorities; I have the feeling there was a great deal more I could have learnt from the old goat. He was versed in a great many arts, some maybe even that only he knew and died with him, tragedy t’see such knowledge, such wisdom, such power – wasted.’, Vysian shakes his head with disappointment.

’So you see, when I decided that it was finally time for me t’practice what I learnt of Blood Magic there was no more fitting family t’include in my discoveries and experiments.’, Duncan let out another gurgled moan more crimson liquid spilling onto the floor of the cave.

’Oh! How kind, no need t’thank me; you’re more than welcome!’, an eerily gentle smile could be seen beneath the hood as he turns to check upon the cauldron.

’You really have no idea how lucky you are, it’s taken me years t’gather the materials t’perform this ritual twice. It may be years before I get the chance t’try again if this fails like it did with your brother.’, the liquid within the cauldron has now turned to a pale yellow from its previous sickly dark green.

’This isn’t right, this shouldn’t be yellow. No no no, definitely not yellow.’, turns to look at Duncan pulling his hood back as the Green moves closer. His emerald green eyes inspecting Duncan closely with a piercing gaze, brushing his dark green hair out of his face as he does so; causing it to shimmer like metal in the torch light. He sniffs several times before dipping a fingertip into the blood around Duncan’s mouth and licking it from the tip of his finger.

’Hmm, nothing obvious. You’re not ill are you?’, Duncan looks at the Dragonkin with a confused and shocked look.

’Maybe you didn’t know about it yet. Hmm. Damn! This is infuriating. The initial stages are all done already, it’s t’late t’change it for someone that’s ill. Farg it! All this work and two experiments wasted. Years it took, years of practicing minor rituals, years of gathering materials.’, Vysian stamps angrily around the room, moving boxes around, packing up books and odd instruments.

’All this effort t’be wasted on the last of his descendants. Bah!’, he points an accusing finger at Duncan.

’You should be ashamed of yourself! This is no way t’assist in the pursuit of knowledge!’, the Green snarled angrily grabbing up the belongings he had been packing and stomping away from the chamber into the darkness of the tunnels.

The still living man groaned slightly, uncertainty to being left alone now mixing with the fear and anger. Dust began to crumble from the ceiling as small rocks began to dislodge and fall, flames within the torches flared higher setting light to the shelves and cages. The ropes suddenly lost their magic dropping him to the ground, releasing Duncan into a crumbling death trap of fire and stone.

Dust plumed out the entrance of the cave, surrounding the robed Green as he calmly strode from the cave. Unbothered by the activation of the magic he had lain in place over the months to burn and bury his cavern, destroying all evidence of his experiments. For a long couple of hours Vysian stood upon the hillside a few minutes walk from the cave, watching the area before him that was bathed in pale moonlight.

Years of research, of practice, wasted. Finally had the chance to explore some of the most powerful spells Blood Magic had to offer and two successive failures, it was infuriating to the Half-Dragon. Sure, maybe the years spent were just a drop in the ocean of his long life, but still who knows if he would ever be able to find the materials and correct conditions to attempt those spells again? He let out a frustrated sigh as he began to walk down the hillside towards distant roads, tapping his chin with his fingertips in thought as he went.

’What to experiment with next? Hmm.’, a multitude of different options flowed through the Green’s thoughts as he travelled; nothing too dark or too disturbing to be beyond possibility.

//Sunday 19th of Feb, updated his age for the time that's passed since he was first created.

Degarn Broadaxe
Here is the price of freedom:
Your every drop of courage, ounce of pain, pint of blood.
Paid, in advance.

Last edited by The Voices on Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:25 pm 
Caenyr Land Owner
Caenyr Land Owner

Theories And Practices.
-General roleplay thread about experiments, theories and thoughts. A character 'journal' of sorts, only played out in the mind and in experiments rather than written in words.

Degarn Broadaxe
Paid, in advance.

Last edited by The Voices on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:13 pm 
Caenyr Land Owner
Caenyr Land Owner

Time moved ever onward and things changed as the inevitably would, remaining in one place and dealing with majorly the same people week after week had a calming influence on the Green.

Morals were still something he afforded no time and in fact he wasn't even sure he had ever even felt one of these 'morals' people speak of with such reverence, but remaining in one place meant he could not pursue his experiments without restraint else he would have been forced to move on. To remain stationary taught him a new kind of patience and opened up new lines of study, things needed to be pursued with a delicacy and precision to enable exploitation and study of the populous on a larger scale.

In time perhaps he would resume his old ruthless ways of pursuit, but for now he would measure each move in the grand experiment that was life carefully and slowly.

//Alignment shift to True Neutral. Time in Chail has tempered and enabled better control of his ruthlessness and cruel streak. Whilst they are still present and he pursues knowledge and understanding endlessly as ever, he has learnt patience in dealing with people that he didn't have before just in case they are able to be of benefit to his experiments either now or at a later date.

Degarn Broadaxe
Paid, in advance.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:23 pm 
Caenyr Land Owner
Caenyr Land Owner

He gazed up from the bed at the ceiling of his room, moonlight through the window casting long shadows across the room. From the angle he guessed it was quite near dawn, a few more hours’ maybe. A crystal upon the nearby desk, held in a clamp and suspended over a bowl of occasionally bubbling red liquid, pulsed faintly at regular intervals. His attention was drawn to it, watching the intervals carefully for a few moments considering.

’You’ll need attention soon, won’t you?’, he asked the crystal rhetorically.

Amarisa stirred against him, cuddling a little bit tighter as if reacting in her sleep to the comment of moving bringing a grin to his face. Wrapping his arms about her and planting a gentle kiss on the waves of red hair between his fellow Dragonkin’s horns. The reaction was instantaneous as her breathing slowed into the deep breaths of restful sleep, the warm breath rolling across his chest where her head lay. He smiled, the crystal could wait, he decided.

Recent events had been unexpected, very unexpected indeed. Things that he thought had come and gone were showing again to explore, to know, to understand. Even after all these years of seeking knowledge, with all he had experienced, things could still manage to surprise him completely. Curious. He thought as his mind swirled into comfortable darkness of sleep, hoping morning wouldn’t come too soon.

Degarn Broadaxe
Paid, in advance.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:14 pm 
Caenyr Land Owner
Caenyr Land Owner

He snarled in anger, completely pointless anger as a matter of fact, but very necessary in his mind at the moment. Long strides carried him from the graveyard that hadn't been there last time he was in Chail, before long he'd turned south and come to a stop on the shores of the river that ran across the area south of the city proper.

Before he even went Vysian knew it to be foolish, she had disappeared from Chail long before the Betherak and Itheril had invaded, the odds of her being amongst the graves was slim. Even if she had been present few in Chail would likely have known her name in order to give her tombstone that much, the faces changed too often. As he stared at the water he tried to work out how long it had been now, years certainly, but how many? It annoyed him further than he couldn't work it out, he should know the exact date she disappeared. The despair threatened to drown him as it rose around his heart like an all submerging tide, it was with a monumental push of all his willpower and intellect had to offer that he beat the emotions back into submission for the time being.

All those years, all those lovers whom he barely cared for then one who was virtually a child by comparison to him comes and steals his heart so completely. So much did the Dragonkin long to smell her, touch her, taste her again it was at times almost unbearable rendering him useless for days at a time. As the turbulent waters tumbled past on their inexorable way towards the ocean he considered again the possibility that she had left him, but quickly recoiled from the possibility at the pain of opening those old dreads.

She had left most of her clothes and all of her personal effects bar the ones she always carried with her behind when she left the house that morning, he felt sure she would have returned for some of them had it been her intention to leave.

'No., he told himself.

'Amarisa disappeared, she didn't leave.', he sighed unable to completely dispel the fear despite the sound logic in which he had once put so much faith. If only the had made the life bond they had talked of and in fact agreed to before her disappearance, then he would at least know if she were alive or dead if not exactly where she were; but life had always seemed to keep them too busy.

When he was in a more rational mood his brain told him that he was begin stupid, remaining loyal to a woman that was long gone. Vysian hadn't been this long without a woman in his bed since he came of age and was with his first, it was like a constant itch that he was unable or perhaps more accurately unwilling to scratch. For years he had searched and found nothing, even scrying spells failed for they had nothing tangible to lock on to; by the time he first began to try them her personal effects and the few hairs he could find had been separated from her for too long and the connection had been lost.

Would he remain in Chail? He didn't know, it had changed a great deal and most of the people he knew had died or moved on. Time would tell but for now he was back in the city with it's ever changing populus.

Degarn Broadaxe
Paid, in advance.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:30 pm 
Caenyr Land Owner
Caenyr Land Owner

((Update of Vysian's bio following a meeting with Jaerik at his tower.))

The conversation hadn't been easy, talking with the Watcher rarely was due to his tendency to be cryptic so as to allow you to work out the meaning and earn the knowledge yourself. But as Vysian had taken to saying for a number of years now, nothing is ever easy.

The Green himself had adopted a similar method on past occasions of asking questions, attempting to get people to work things out themselves before he would confirm that their answer was the knowledge they did indeed seek from him. Every time he had a conversation with Jaerik he was left wondering if his own tendency to deal with people in that way was a result of the Watcher's influence; or perhaps it was simply that was kind of people who were drawn to the Watcher.

Vysian had gained answers to questions he had asked and to questions he hadn't known he even needed to ask, so the visit to the Watcher's Tower had been productive either way. The conclusion of the conversation however troubled the Dragonkin, though it had made sense in a way, he was still unsure how to proceed.

'You sit upon a crossroads, Vysian.', Lord Jaerik had said. 'One path, you remain the same, tormented soul. The other, you learn from your pain, your loss, and move on beyond it. You do not forget, but you accept it.'

The meaning was both at once, clear as the purest crystal but simultaneously veiled in the mire of cryptic words. Vysian's response of course had been obvious, the thought of a heartbeat to compose and to speak; he wished to take the path of learning and move onwards. There was never a moments doubt in the choice and the Dragonkin could have almost predicted the next words to fill the air from the Watcher.

'Then something must change. Something about the present is preventing from you moving beyond your pain.'

Sitting now back in his favourite chair in the poet's lounge Vysian sighed, he liked puzzles, he was good at them - or at least he liked to believe so. Yet here he sat daunted by the sheer volume of information and options before him like a child on their first day at school being presented with the knowledge of a teacher. The Green needed to find that something, something that was holding him back, but what was it? When he closed his eyes and asked himself the question he felt like the answer was on the tip of his tongue, but the more he tried to force the answer to surface the more elusive it became. It was like chasing your own shadow.

Logic had ever been his guide and logic would guide him through this, even if he had to dissect every little part of his existence to find the change that would move his path as a seeker of knowledge forward; he would.

Degarn Broadaxe
Paid, in advance.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:37 pm 
Caenyr Land Owner
Caenyr Land Owner

A Day In The Life Of...
-Journal charting key thoughts in character development from in game events since meeting Jaerik. And continued after that as a character development and record journal.

Degarn Broadaxe
Paid, in advance.

Last edited by The Voices on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:04 pm 
Caenyr Land Owner
Caenyr Land Owner

Finally he had the solution, it had taken far longer than it should have and he knew it. It would have helped of course, had not the first few lists of possible solutions missed the eventual answer off entirely. So deeply ingrained it had been that it didn’t even occur to him until he widened the parameters, or to be precise it had taken several widening of the parameters and a chance conversation before it had even been included.

The candle light flickered on the small writing desk, casting its dirty light across the heap of scrambled papers, broken quills and empty ink bottles. So thoroughly had he gone about it that he must have used several shops worth of parchment, not to mention the number of birds that had been plucked to provide quills. Rising to his feet he strolled to the window, watching the lights in the street and the darkness all around and devoid of life aside from the scurrying of rats and the occasional patrolling guard.

Vysian moved back to the table taking one last look at the papers, he knew now what he had to change and he had a theory as to how. Returning to Jaerik would yield nothing as the solution was his to find and execute, if he’d gotten it right he would know almost immediately. With single-minded focus the Green began gathering up his things and putting them into his packs, he would take them all for it may take him several weeks to complete what he had to do.

A few minutes later the Dragonkin was striding confidently down the shadowed street, stopping just outside of the direct light of a nearby oil lamppost. He looked to his side down an alleyway filled with the encompassing darkness of shadows; he felt emptiness inside, a hole where the organic feeling of arcane energy had once filled him. It was so powerful that he almost buckled to the ground with the pain of it, but the decision had been made, it was time to move forward or fade into oblivion and he wasn’t ready for oblivion yet as there was too much knowledge left to learn.

’Ready to Seek my friends?’, the shadows in the alley seemed to almost quiver despite the lack of light source.

As the whisper hung in the air he turned and walked into the alley, for a moment his darkened figure could be seen and then with a shimmer it dissolved entirely into the darkness. The hole was filled and the new path had begun.

//Class change to Seeker. Following primarily in game roleplay and approved by Jaerik. :)

Degarn Broadaxe
Paid, in advance.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Vysian Ik'kral'gragh
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:29 pm 
Caenyr Land Owner
Caenyr Land Owner

It had been nearly two and a half years since he had abandoned sorcery in favour of being a Seeker in order to enable himself to move on, though to the Green it seemed far longer. It had begun with headaches, small at first, an irritation when he was presented with a secret that he couldn't uncover or knowledge that eluded him. But as time went on they grew in intensity and frequency, his head began to pound every time curiosity gripped him unrestrained. After a few months it had reached the point where the headaches were constant, driven by his mentality to try and observe and understand everything... his desire to know everything.

With a growl he turned over in the bed, glancing towards the window and seeing it was just as dark as it had been when he looked before closing his eyes; dawn was hours away. His eyes closed again.

Nearly everyone had left him, disappeared or dead, his friends and loved ones had abandoned him to endure this torment alone. So he had travelled, seeking knowledge wherever it lay and never resting. Secretly he feared what was happening, the headaches were a symptom of a much deeper problem and he knew only too well what that would meant. Vysian had read the books, heard the stories of Seekers who were unable to control their curiosity and were driven mad by the magical amplification the vocation produced. It took time, though how much he couldn't say as the blurring being days became more indistinct. Perhaps a year, perhaps a little more but he learnt to control his curiosity, to focus it and to prevent the headaches. The achievement was overshadowed by the results that had come with it.

Free from the distraction of the headaches, the bitterness of what he had lost welled up inside him to grip his soul in a vice like grip. He wished he had never met any of them, never known their friendship, never known... her. The bitterness helped in a way, strangling the former bonds until they turned to ash in his heart. The Dragonkin lost himself in Seeking, learning all he could and following one secret to the next and to the next.

What came next was gradual, the odd sleepless night, a week or two of disturbed sleep. The progression was so slow that by the time he realised that his mind was refusing to switch off at night he was barely sleeping for an hour or two and on many nights not sleeping at all.

With a disgruntled sigh he sat up in the bed, covers falling away as he looked around the dark room. Bringing his hands to his face he attempted to rub away the weariness but of course failed, how many nights had it been since he last got any sleep? Four? Five? No, it was three, he used the herbs a few nights ago and managed to knock himself out for at least five or six hours. He nodded, satisfied he had managed to collect his thoughts enough to sort out the timeline of his sleep pattern. How often had the healer told him he could use the herbs again, it was either once every four nights or every five.

"I'm sure I wrote it down somewhere.", he yawned wearily and slid from the bed, moving to pour himself a whisky from a bottle on the nearby desk. Taking a deep drink his fingers idly turned the pages of a notebook, looking for the information he had jotted down about the herb usage; pausing briefly to note the entry confirming it was three nights ago he last used the sleeping drug.

He knew what was happening, at times he could feel himself slipping. Thought and words drifting into disarray and inconsistency as his mind went beyond his control. The Green sighed and took another sip of the whisky, his eyes finding the note that told him it was every four nights the maximum he could use the herbs.

"Another sleepless night I suppose.", he downed the last of the whisky and slumped into the chair at the desk, staring blankly out of the window. Suddenly a quiet chuckle rumbled from his chest, there was a kind of irony in it. Finally he had come to terms with his losses, that he was slowly descending into madness and then one of his old friends had passed him on the road.

It had been a strange kind of conversation, contradictory in its comfort and discomfort. Old wounds being torn open and salt poured into them. The Dragon smirked bitterly.

"What does it matter? There is little left and it won't be long now.", he poured himself another whisky and popped open the journal to settle in for another long night.

Degarn Broadaxe
Paid, in advance.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:09 pm 
Caenyr Land Owner
Caenyr Land Owner

Eyes gazed at the ceiling as tiredness encroached upon all his senses threatening to swallow him as though sinking beneath the surface of water and he wanted it, he craved it. But sleep would not come, his mind would not switch off and so it teased him with tantalising hints of the refreshing darkness. The days events hadn't helped, one of his regular trips to Goldhaven taking an unimaginable turn, he sighed softly.

Perhaps he should have told her, revealed everything and laid bare the entirety of the truth. No, he thought. He had told her a great deal already, revealing more to her than he had intended. Much more carefully and slowly he had intended to guide their conversations but he had resolved not to lie and after stepping around the truth for a while he was forced to reveal it. Turning his head as his eyes traced along his right arm that lay beside him on the bed, following it along until he reached the hand where within it's grasp was a smaller feminine hand with ashen black skin.

The Seeker's eyes were drawn irrevocably upwards to her face, gazing silently at the sleeping form. They both lay fully clothed atop the covers and had talked until she had fallen asleep, how he had longed to do more, to touch her and taste her. If she knew how potentially short his time was then maybe... No, came the thought again, more firmly this time. Too much had been revealed, too much acceptance had been asked and yet, she had accepted his words as truth with relatively little protest. As he considered what she had told him, what she had been through, what had happened, his lids grew heavy and his eyes drifted closed and darkness engulfed him.

Wind and rain lashed at the lush dark green canopy, making branches creek and sway in the storm. Leaves and small branches crunched beneath his feet as he wove his way through the trees, despite the heavy rain the thick layers of leaves above his head kept most of the rain from soaking the ground. A slight aroma of dampness gradually growing in the air, the dull orange glow of a flickering camp fire caught his notice through the mass of tree trunks. Footfalls grew faster as he moved towards it, walking, jogging, running and then seeming to virtually fly a weaving path through the trees until he reached a small clearing that sat beneath the thickly layered canopy.

In the centre a small camp fire cracked and popped, its dirty light illuminating up to the tree line but casting the forest beyond into darkness as his eyes adjusted to the light. The flames rippled and struggled against the wind, fighting for survival in such a harsh force but it succeeded banked as it was around it's limit by a fair size circle of stones. A deep coarse breath drew his attention to a figure that stood beside the fire, Vysian couldn't figure out how he hadn't noticed the figure standing there before and would have sworn the clearing was empty when he entered.

The figure was hooded and shrouded in a thick cloak concealing the size of the body, height however it stood at least as tall as Vysian himself. Slowly the shadowy figure turned to face him, the Green's eyes narrowed trying to pierce the darkness beneath the hood. Horror gripped his heart, a scream rose in his chest tumbling faster than thought from his lips.

The Dragonkin's eyes snapped open, the room swam before him for a moment as it gradually came back into focus. He was back in on the bed again staring at the ceiling, slow deep breaths attempting to steady his nerves. Had he actually screamed in real life? His gaze turned to the figure lying beside him who slept on peacefully, clearly he hadn't else she would have woken. A sigh of relief brushed his lips.

Vysian tried to remember the dream, trying to recall what he had seen beneath the hood to have caused such fear. But the images were already beginning to blur and the details fade. Somewhere deep inside him he had the feeling of familiarity, had he had the dream before? His brow wrinkled in thought, trying to remember but was eventually forced to frown in frustration as the memory of the dream faded beyond recognition.

"Another night without sleep.", he whispered softly with a weary tone and turned his gaze to watch the sleeping figure beside him. At least she was safe now, at least she had a chance to be happy.

Degarn Broadaxe
Paid, in advance.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:48 pm 
Caenyr Land Owner
Caenyr Land Owner

He needed advice, painfully so and there was only one that he could turn to. Amarisa wasn't ready, she was barely beginning to discover herself again. She was easy to find, living as she did in the slums in the house belonging to Colin. At times he paced yet others he stood stoically still, nobody was home when he arrived and time was slipping away from him by the second. Shadow's parted and there she was, opening the door and disappearing inside. Closing the gap to the door he knocked and moments later it opened and with a smile Tia ushered him inside.

The Green wanted reassurance of a kind, to share the discovery of Amarisa with someone who could understand and appreciate what he had gone through. But when it came to revealing his decision of how to proceed she argued, he had been so sure she would agree that he was in part furious with her; how dare she tell him he was wrong. Back and forth the debate went, neither giving ground and both growing increasingly frustrated with the others point of view until she struck a nerve.

"So tell me, do you really intend to watch Risa find another?", she stared at him. "Going to just give up and wash your hands of her?", she knew immediately that she had broken his argument.

Though he had declared he wanted Amarisa to go on and be happy as he resolved to his fate, when push came to shove he couldn't bare the thought of doing as she said. How could he give up on her?

The conversation then turned to that of a solution, to his predicament, her first suggestion was ludicrous. The risk to Amarisa would have been too great, a risk he could not and would not subject her to no matter the cost. For nearly an hour she argued with him but eventually realised his resolve was like iron and would not be moved on this matter.

The more Tia searched for a solution, throwing out option after option the more Vysian found himself swept up in her desire. He wanted to secure his sanity, to correct the mistake he had made two and a half years ago and to move finally move forward with his life. It didn't take them long really to determine that the answer was the same as the cause, a different path, one he should have taken before but allowed himself to be fooled by his own cleverness.

Before he had made this choice alone and this was where he had ended up, slipping gradually towards the oblivion of insanity and the loss of everything. Was this the answer? Was this what he should have done the first time around? Seek the advice of his friends?, he found himself wondering. Had he been blinded by grief the first time around, the loss of friend after friend and the loss of her at the pinnacle of his anguish. Had that driven him to make a decision alone when he should have sort out the few friends he had remaining to guide him to a decision? What she said made so much sense, surely Jaerik would want him sane, continuing to seek rather than insane and lost to everyone including the god. Could it really be so simple. One by one the two of them explored option upon option.

"There has to be something within your Lord's realm that would let you be introspective and fix yourself?", he considered carefully her words as he took another sip of whisky.

Her words brought one thing to his mind, a path that tested the strength of one's will, a path that to follow one truly had to look within and know yourself. It all fit together, all the pieces fell into place in a glorious pattern, even the nature of the 'illness' with which he suffered pointed so clearly to what he knew to be one of the most core facts of Jaerik's Soulweavers. Tia suddenly stood and offered him her hand, she was going with him to Jaerik's temple, to take him to declare and pledge before the god and to embrace the decision. The gratitude welled up in him towards her at this point and he was compelled to give her a a tight hug, the fact she wasn't going to stop until he was saved seemed to make his decision all the more confident.

So the two of them set out on the journey north to the Watcher's Tower, resolve burning brightly within. When he returned to Chail it was nearly dawn, bidding a farewell and thank you to Tia he sought the room in which Amarisa slept peacefully on the bed. A brief note would do for now, placed on the table beside the bed telling her that he would likely sleep for a long time and not to worry. He would explain all when he woke, dropping fully clothed onto the covers with a yawn his mind was blissfully quiet. Finally, after months of barely sleeping at all blackness consumed him and he slept on for hour after hour. He would never call sleep overrated again.

//Class change to Soulweaver following long running in game roleplay.

Degarn Broadaxe
Paid, in advance.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:35 pm 
Caenyr Land Owner
Caenyr Land Owner

It had been a perculiar path, over the past fifteen years. Never had one place simultaneously revealed so much and posed so many questions as Chail-Anden had succeeded in doing for the Green. Things he had never before considered had reared themselves and thrown his ordered existence into turmoil, some for the better and some for the worse.

When he had lost Amarisa, the Green had decided to leave behind practice of the arcane, six hundred years worth of study, experimentation and learning brought to a close as new chapters began in his life. Yet he knew those self same chapters were not over, he couldn’t help himself, he was fascinated by all knowledge, most perticularly with magical knowledge and so he could not close himself off to the arcane fully. When he had finally regained his beloved, he no longer had to deny himself the satisfaction that came from the raw power and immense possibility of the arcane. However as the pair of them went into solitude, to focus on each other, he realised a new path might be open to him as during her absence he had his first taste of wielding divine magics.

In years past he had studied divine magics as eagerly as arcane, however being unable to wield them directly had hindered his ability to explore and experiment. Sometimes he would leave her for a day, or three or even a week, always returning with some new piece of magical knowledge. Though the secrets still held by the arcane were few, the divine had many mysteries and now he was determined to mix the two in the ultimate expression of magical knowledge and prowess.

A year passed, then two... whilst the two of them remained largely in seclusion and he pursued his studies and experiements with a feverish determination and the Green would drop by Chail every now and then to check on the place that had begun the journey he was now on.

But as his stride carried him through the woods towards the city once again he would arrive this time, not as a Sorcerer, Seeker or Soulweaver but as the thing he should have been all along; a Mystic Theurge.

//Class change to Mystic Theurge, class he would have been at creation had it existed; it was made for him. :) – Also updated his age to what it should be for the time that has passed since the bio was originally posted.

Degarn Broadaxe
Paid, in advance.

Offline Profile