Name of Main PC: Azurwrath
Gamespy ID: Snipes1302
Character Name: Azurwrath
Race: Half-Sky Dragon
Class: Dracolyte (Sorcerer)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Deity: Draxil

Description:
Being part Celestial, Azurwrath’s skin is flawless and has a very slight golden glow to it. His body is that of a 25 year old, strong and defined. His hair falls to his shoulders, and is a metallic blonde. Azurwrath looks like that of any beautiful mortal, and is not recognizable as a Half-Sky Dragon. The one trait that can give away his race is his eyes. His eyes are slit vertically, and his eye color is white close to his pupil, and fades to gold as it approaches the whites of his eyes. Though he pledges his alliegence to Draxil, he does give a strong reverance to Tyllar. He stands six and a half feet tall, ready to defend the innocent with his life.

Bio:

Throughout his childhood, Azurwrath lived with his mortal father, as he was unaware of his Sky Dragon background. For years, his father taught Azurwrath the ways of Tyllar and trained him to wield a blade. As a child, Azurwrath wanted nothing more than to grow up to be a paladin of Tyllar.

As Azurwrath became a young adult, he grew to be more curious about his mother. On the day of his eighteenth birthday, Azurwrath's father told him everything he wished to know. When he learned of his Sky Dragon mother, he was shocked. He felt betrayed and like his father had lied to him his entire life. That night, Azurwrath stole his father's sword and left his home while his father was asleep.

During the night, Azurwrath made his way into the woods. After several hours, he found a clearing and collapsed of exhaustion. Within seconds, he had fallen into a deep sleep.

While sleeping, Azurwrath dreamed of a man walking toward him. When the man drew near, he became less of a man. By the time the stranger had approached Azurwrath, he was a beautiful gold dragon. Without a word, and only a smile the great dragon touched Azurwrath's forehead. Without warning, Azurwrath began to shift. His skin turned to scales as his bone structure morphed. After a few seconds, Azurwrath was a full grown gold dragon. His vision ends with a flash of white.

When Azurwrath awoke the next morning, he was gasping and trying to breath. After gaining his composure he dropped to his knees and spoke what would be the first of many prayers to his new god. "Dragon father! You have shown me what I am to become and who I truly am. As your humble servant, I shall practice the ancient ways of the Heeth Thirku, and arise as the dragon I am called to be."

What started as many prayers soon became meditation. Azurwrath would goes months without food or water; living purely of his god's essence and knowledge. Through much dedication and years of practice, Azurwrath could finally shift into his gold dragon form. To Azurwrath, his training lasted only a couple years, but in reality close to two centuries had pasted.

Finally ready to accept himself for who he is, Azurwrath returned to his old house where his father had once lived. He was shocked to not find his father, and he began a search for his only kin. It only took him three hours to know the truth. Azurwrath collapsed in front of his father's grave and wept. The headstone read "A Great Man And A Proud Father." It was on that day that Azurwrath made a promise that would change his life.

In Azurwrath's more recent days, he has been wandering the refugee camps of Chail. Here he has been fulfilling a promise he made to a "Proud Father"; it is here where Azurwrath is becoming a son worth being proud of.

Last edited by Azurwrath on Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Azurwrath
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:19 am 
WoC Enhancer
WoC Enhancer

GSID: Snipes1302
Azurwrath's Clearing
Arsenia Brings Home A Dragon
Return of the Dragon-Blood

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Zaniel (Azurwrath)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:31 pm 
WoC Enhancer
WoC Enhancer

A Living Nightmare
(IG event hosted by Enhancer Scrouge. RP started here)

It has been three days since Zaniel had broken out of the recesses of Azurwrath's mind. The outbreaks were becoming stronger and more frequent. Worried for himself and the well-being of those he cared about, Azurwrath turned to Arsenia for guidance.

Arsenia and Az traveled to her house where they could speak in private. Before Az could finish speaking, Kiego arrived at Arsenia's gates. Because Kiego did not know of Azurwrath's dark secret, Arsenia and Az's conversation ended there.

With the arrival of Kiego, the three began to talk about tactics for the new possible threat of Maugoth. Throughout the coversation, Az could hear the whispers in the back of his head, ....embrace me....do not fight me....accept me....you cannot deny me.....Azurwrath why do you resist me? I know you wish to have power.......Stop resisting me! Accept me! EMBRACE ME!!!"

Azurwrath grabbed his head and doubled over. He fought and resisted Zaniel to the point of physical pain. His two friends wanted to help, but they knew there was nothing they could do but encourage Az to keep fighting. When Azurwrath could finally stand, it was Zaniel who was in control.

Zaniel laughed evilly as he drew his sword. Arsenia ran to get help while Kiego stood guard of the demented Zaniel. But Azurwrath kept fighting from within his own mindscape. Tired of being pestered but Azur's attempts to regain control, Zaniel stabbed himself in the stomach, weakening Azur's body and spirit while Zaniel remained unharmed.

Despite Kiego and Arsenia's best efforts, Zaniel escaped, and still in control of Azur's body.

When Zaniel found a safe spot, he dragged both himself and Azur into the Dragon Dream.

While in the Dream, Zaniel took the shape of a large Black and continued to try to have Azurwrath embrace him. Zaniel would say, "I know the power you hunger for. I can give it to you. Accept me. You do not have to fight any longer. EMBRACE ME!" But Az continued to deny the evil. Fed up with Azur, Zaniel pinned him to the floor with one of his claws saying, "No matter. If you do not embrace me, I will consume you!" With that said, Zaniel swallowed Azurwrath whole, giving him complete and utter control of Azurwrath's mortal body.

When Zaniel returned to the mortal plane, he was met by Arsenia, Drath, and Dyn inside the Temple of Dreams. Zaniel then took the shape of a Black and mocked the three for their efforts. The three called out to Azurwrath, who could hear and see them from within the mindscape, but he could not gain control back from Zaniel. Zaniel then went to engage the three in combat, but before the could fight a might wind swept through the Temple, carrying them out of the holy place.

Now outside, Zaniel was determined to start what he had finished. In the battle, Arsenia and Drath fell at the hands of Zaniel, but Dyn managed to defeat the mighty Black. It wasn't before long when Zaniel body began to shake and life was brought back into his still body. Now angered, Zaniel defeated Dyn swiftly.

Then using his amulet of Mor'tep, Zaniel went to each of the three, resurrecting them, and then torturing to their second death. Before he departed, Zaniel resurrected Arsenia one last time, broke her limbs and wings. Satisfied with his torture and forcing Azurwrath to watch from within the mindscape Zaniel left.

*To be continued*
//Name change due to Zaniel being in control as well as Alignment change//

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Zaniel (Azurwrath)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:27 pm 
WoC Enhancer
WoC Enhancer

Rise to Lichdom
(RP hosted by Enhancer Scourge)

In Zaniel's hunger for power, he would find himself using the Amulet of Mor'tep more and more. Raising the dead and disturbing the balance in the world. Every time he used the amulet, he became more attached.

Curious to the extent of the powers of his amulet, Zaniel found his way to the Sea Dragon's Lair. After he slayed the beast, Zaniel smiled and the amulet began to glow. The skin and muscle slid off the dead dragon and it stood. The beast's name was Yx'thraillor, and he was now under to command of Zaniel.

Corrupted by this new found ability to command the undead, Zaniel commanded that Yx'thraillor seek out the undead and begin to raise an army. The more Zaniel thought about it though, the more Zaniel craved more power. He desired Lichdom! Crawling into Yx'thraillor's rib cage, Zaniel demanded that the beast take him to the Tower of Morc. It was here Zaniel believed, that he would find the answers he sought about Lichdom.

Atop the tower, Zaniel was met by none other than Morc himself. The power getting to his head, Zaniel offered Azurwrath's soul in turn for Morc making Zaniel a Lich. Morc then told Zaniel what was required of the ritual to become a Lich (a power item to lock his soul in and a devoted heart to the Dark Queen) and told Zaniel to meet him in the Temple of the Unnatural the following day. With a smile on his face, Zaniel agreed.

Zaniel spent all the next day praying to Karissa. Asking for her blessing and strength. Through his lust for power, Zaniel felt the blessings of Draxil slowly slip away.

That evening, Morc arrived with his minion and materials to properly set up the ritual. Zaniel's lust for the undead and power made him eager to continue the ritual. When it came time to trap Zaniel's soul in an item, Zaniel offer his precious amulet to be the item.

As the ritual began Zaniel felt his soul being pulled into the Amulet....but he felt something else. Azurwrath was fighting Zaniel forcing Azur's soul into the Amulet, leaving Zaniel in the body. Morc laughed at the situation and took Zaniel's soul as payment. With the ritual concluded, Morc and his minions left.

When Azurwrath awoke, his body was cold, his skin pale and his hair black, but his eyes remained the piercing gold they always were. He felt a strong bond between himself and the amulet. With Azur's soul in the evil Amulet, it corrupted Azurwrath....creating a lust for power and a obsession with the undead....it was then that Azurwrath realized.....

..........he was a Lich....or at least he thought he was.

(The ritual did not turn Azrwrath into a full Lich, but rather somewhere inbetween that of a mortal and a Lich. His body was cold, corrupt, and appears to be dead, but he still very much live. His soul is bound and trapped by the Amulet, but this is not his source of power and if Azur falls in battle he will need more than just the amulet to reanimate himself. So rather than a demi-Lich, Azurwrath is a semi-Lich)

//RP to be continued. Alignment Change to LE, Name back to Azurwrath, Class Undead Master, Deity is Karissa//

Last edited by Azurwrath on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:42 am 
WoC Enhancer
WoC Enhancer

(Rerolled as a Cleric with Mastery of Destruction and Death domains)

The longer Azurwrath remained a semi-Lich, the more powerful he became. His abilities began to evolve until he was no longer able to just control the undead, but able to cause Death and Destruction. His powers have grown to the point where he can now create undead, and he can take a life just as easily as he can give it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:39 am 
WoC Enhancer
WoC Enhancer

Rise of Vuur

Azurwrath was free....not only from Zaniel, but free from himself and the evil Lich he had become.

When the amulet was removed from his body, his soul re-entered his corpse. The amulet did not contain Azur's soul, but rather seperated Az's soul from his body. As the amulet was torn from Az's corpse, life returned to the body. His hair became gold once more, and his skin returned to it's original glow.

He smiled and re-embraced the warmth of the Dragon Father's love. The moment the Father's presence fell upon Az, he began to glow. His skin turned into small scales, a tail began to grow, horns protruded from his forehead, and wings began to grow. The Dragon Spirit within Az had gained strength when it was away from Az and overwhelmed his human half. When the light disipated, a true gold half dragon stood strong.

With a smile on his face he look to the sky.

"Father. Thank you. I am sorry.....I will lead Father. Allow me to be your pawn to spread your glory and protect my brothers and sisters."

Azurwrath closes his eyes and enters the Dream for the first time in a long time.

(Alignment change to TG, Class change, deity change)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:48 pm 
WoC Enhancer
WoC Enhancer

The Path Less Travelled

Since the rise of Vuur, Azurwrath had grown closer than ever to the Dragon Father. His walk, the way he talked, and even his physical appearance showed it. The have gold had grown strong...but something was missing. There was something that he couldn't explain...he felt lost.

He spent much of his time in the Dream, searching and pondering his emptiness. But alas he would never find it.

He went on about his life...his friends at the Midnight Company did not know his pain...it was something he kept well hidden. It wasn't until Yithare's return that Azurwrath realized what he had been missing.

With the return of a brother Az realized that he was missing his true calling. When Azur was under Vuur's control he had walked down another path...the path of a Cleric. It was not Vuur he missed, but the path. He realized that he was not answering his true calling...

When Azurwrath finally realized this...he smiled. He went to the Temple of Dreams and prayed long and hard. Days past....maybe even weeks. When he opened his eyes...he felt at peace. He felt as though he was finally answering his true calling.

He felt his back...but his wings were gone...only his eyes, tail, and scales remained of his draconic appearance. He smiled...he accepted this as the Father's blessing to fulfill his true role as a Cleric of the Dragon Father. With a new found purpose, Az left the Temple to glorify the Father...and become the son he was destined to be.

(Class change and Alignment shift)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:59 pm 
WoC Enhancer
WoC Enhancer

Prismatic Soul

Ever since Azurwrath had be possessed by Zaniel, he had always felt as though there was something.....different. He no longer sought to protect magical creatures like he swore to, his praying had become scarce, and above all else he lost hope in himself. Scare and not knowing what to do, he entered the Dragon Dream for answers and guidance.

After hours of wander the Dream, a vision finally came to him. He saw a vision of a clearing in the Eratic Forest where his faith in Draxil had been ignited. He heard a booming voice saying, "GO!" And so he did.

It had been months since he had visited the clearing but nothing had seemed to change. Light still shown the the canopy in streams and a trickling of a nearby stream could be heard. Not knowing exactly what to do, Az walked over to the tree where he used to sleep and leaded against it. After a few hours, he drifted off to sleep.

As he slept, he had his usual night terrors about Zaniel. He would see himself killing his friends, but not being able to do anything about it. He would try to stop Zaniel, but he would fail every time. Like every night, he watched his friends die.

Az was jerked awake by a pain that seemed to originate from his side. When he opened his eyes he was surrounded by a group of hooded figures. Before he could retaliate, he felt a large blow to the back of his head, a warm trickle of what must have been blooded, and then he lost consciousness.

~ ~ ~

"I WILL NOT HAVE IT!" an angry male voice screamed as Azurwrath began to regain consciousness. "I am the Da'Ada and I will not put the entire Nay'a in harms way by letting an outsider within our ranks."

"But please," a second voice, this one calm and female seemed to be reasoning with him. " Please just listen to me. The Dragon Father came to me in a Dream. He said a Gold Dragon was coming to us, and that he was lost. He told me that we must help him find his way or that the Gold would be lost forever! I know how you feel about outsiders, but please." As she finished her sentence Azur lost consciousness once more.

~ ~ ~

When Azurwrath gained consciousness again, the voices were gone. We he opened his eyes he saw that he was inside of a tent, light by a few candles. Above him stood a woman. She was an elf with a purple/red tint to her dark skin. She seemed very calm and relaxed. "Let me be the first to welcome you and also let me be the first to apologize for how you have come to the Nay'a. Sometimes the Al'Ada can be a little...forceful when receiving unexpected visitors." He voice was the same one that was defending Azurwrath to the Da'Ada.

Holding the back of his head Azurwrath replied, "You...you were the one who had a Dream about me. You.....you said Draxil came to you? He told you that I would come?"

"Yes."

Maybe this was why Draxil had Azur come to the clearing. Was this his plan? Questions started spinning around Az's head, but before He could ask the woman a question, three men came into the tent.

"He is awake? Good." This man must be the Da'Ada. He was much older than the other elves, his skin darker. His voice demanded attention and Az dared not to speak. "If he is to stay then he must prove himself. How old are you Dragon?"

Az couldn't help but answer, "Almost two hundred, sir."

"Good, than you are old enough to partake in the ceremony of coming of age. Should you pass that, you can stay." As he says these words Az can tell they were reluctantly said. His tone was almost venomous. Az knew that this man already hated him and Az didn't even know why he was here.

"Please he is not ready." The woman pleaded.

"If he is to stay among us he has to act like one of us. He is already almost one hundred and forty years past when the ritual should have taken place! He is to do the ritual if he is to stay and that is final. He will start at dawn tomorrow." Without another word the Da'Ada and the two me with him left the tent.

With a very worried look on her face, the woman looked at Az and said, 'Please, go to sleep. You are tired and you will need all your strength for tomorrow."

She was correct. Az was tired and already losing consciousness. Without another word, Az drifted to sleep.

That night, Az did not sleep any better. His night terrors came to him once more. Zaniel focused on Yithare tonight. Az had to watch as Yithare screamed for help and mercy, but there was nothing Az could do. The nightmare went on and Az tossed and turned until early the next morning.

~ ~ ~

'Wake up!!!" The woman shook him awake from his nightmare. "It is almost time for you to begin. Are you ready?"

"Ready for what? What do I need my strength for? What is going on? Where am I?"

Her sace went pale and her face was shocked, "You mean....you don't know why you are here? The Father sent you and you don't know who we are or why you have come to us?" Azurwrath shakes his head. Her face turns from shock to terror, "Then you must listen to me closely Dragon. We are the Nashai. Some refer to us as Dragon-kin elves. To day you are going through the right of passage. You are to hunt and kill a Jungle Worg with only a spear and two arrows. You are not to climb trees and you must honour your prey by looking it in the eyes before you kill it. Should you survive, I will teach you more, but for now you must get ready." Shocked Az was hesitant, but Draxil led him here, so he nodded. "And one more thing," she begins to rip off Azurwrath's clothes, "The ritual is preformed wearing nothing but your skin."

~ ~ ~

It was midday now, and Az had finally found footprints of the Worg. Az had not been hunting since we was a child and he hunted with his father, but he still remember the basics of tracking an animal.

He followed the tracks for what seemed like hours. The sun was getting low in the sky when the tracks dead-ended at a tree. looking up into the tree Az saw nothing. Furious, Az jabbed the blunt side of his spear into the mud and sat at the base of the tree. He had been tracking the Jungle Worg all day. He knew there was no way he would find another Worg before the day was up. He had failed.

As he sat at the base of tree Az heard a rustle in the branches above. He turned his head just in time to see the Worg pouncing at him from the trees. The worg threw Az to his back and jumped on top of him. Going for Az's throat, the only thing stopping the Worg was Az's fully extended arms holding the creature back. It's paws slashed cuts into Az's chest as it jaws snapped furiously at Az's neck. Mustering up all his strength, Az threw the Worg off of him.

The Worg landed on it's feet and rushed back to Az. Without thinking, Az grabbed his spear and plunged it deep into the Worg's chest as it charged him. The Worg's jaws snapped a few times before Az could finally see the life from the creatures eyes leave. Once more, Az threw the Worg off of him, triumphant.

~ ~ ~

Later that night, Az was sitting by a fire telling the whole tribe, or Nay'a, how he had killed the beast. The Nay'a seemed to all be laughing and having a good time as they all feasted on Az's fresh kill, but all seemed to grow silent when the Da'Ada arrived. In his hands he held a crystal dragon claw with a red-ish hue. Without a word the Da'Ada handed the claw to Azurwrath. As his handed touched the claw he saw a vision.

~ ~ ~

It was the founding of the Nashai. He saw as Salyn and his followers split from the Kinari. He saw Dan'nal who was cursed with unlife and who sought to turn all Kinari against Ath'endal'lynn. He saw that the Nashai were the Kinari's only hope for defeating Dan'nal. He saw everything and then nothing.

Az founded himself in an infinite white place. Bright and filled with nothingness, the place was empty save a grand Gold standing in front of Az. The gold reached out to Az and placed his claw on Az's chest. As the gold pulled his claw away Az felt something leave his body. In the Golds claw was a golden light, which could only be Az's soul. In the gold swirled a streak of black smoke. Zaniel's laughter could be heard from within the soul. With a frown on his face, the Gold closed his palm, encasing the soul. When he reopened his palm, the soul no longer had the black smoke, but it was no golden anymore. the soul now swirled brilliantly, reflecting the bright lights into all the colors imaginable. With a smile on his face, the Gold replaced the soul back into Az. He felt cold, then warm again. His brilliant gold hair now turned to a light purple. His golden Dragon eyes turned to almost a mirror, reflecting all the colors. His skin took the shade of the Nashai, a purple and red hue.

As Az's transformation complete, the Gold reached for Az's still golden dragon tail. With a bright golden light the tail turned into an egg and was placed into Az's hand. "Protect her, for I have commanded it."

~ ~ ~

Azurwrath snapped back into reality. Before him was the Nay'a and the Da'Ada. In his hands, Az was clutching to the Crystal Claw. In his lap, lay what looked like the egg the Gold had given him. His body had gone through all the same transformations that he had seen in his vision.

"What you have just seen was how the Nashai came to be. This claw, the Nash'tiya, was first given to Salyn by Draxil and is now used to show the Nashai their prophecy." The Da'Ada took the Nash'tiya back. "Now it is time for you to be marked as one of the Nashai, outsider." His hands began to glow and he placed them on Azur's forehead. When the Da'Ada removed his hands, Azurwrath had a tattoo of a dragon claw on his forehead. The "ink" seemed to have the same properties as Az's eyes. It was reflecting all colors. Az looked around to see that everyone else had the same tattoo, but theirs was simply black ink.

"Thank you." Azurwrath mutters. He was clearly awestruck and amazed by everything that had just happened.

"You will now join the Nay'a, but first you must choose an Ada, or a sect of the Nay'a, that you will be placed." The Da'Ada looked into Az's prismatic eyes, waiting for his response.

"Should he choose the path of the Ner'Ada, I will mentor him." The woman steps out of the crowd raising her hand.

"I choose to be a Ner'Ada." Azurwrath replies quickly. This woman was the one who showed him kindness and vouched for him when he first arrived. He trusts her and because of that he decided to be her student.

The Da'Ada nods, "Very well. You will be instructed by Ele'thria, our highest ranking Ner'Ada and my wife. She shall teach you our customs and the ways of the Ner'Ada." For the first time since Azur arrive, the Da'Ada smiled. "LET THE FEAST CONTINUE!"

~ ~ ~

"Ele'thria, you have to understand. I have my own Nay'a back at home. You must let me return." It had been a few months since Azurwrath had arrived. He had undergone rigorous Arcane training and with Draxil's blessing had become a powerful Dracolyte. Though he had loved becoming a Nashai, he knew he had to return to the Company and his friends.

"Azurwrath, you have been the first outsider in centuries to become a Nashai. The Da'Ada will be furious if he finds you have left." She seemed sad that Az would even consider leaving.

"Please Ele'thria, you have to understand. I love it here and I am honored to be Nashai and to have been apprenticed under you. But I need to return to my family, my Nay'a. Please..." Azurwrath still didn't know where he was and so he needed Ele'thria's help to find his way home, but he also wanted her blessing to leave.

With a tears in her eyes she began to scribble a map on some nearby parchment. "You'll need money for a ship back to Etaria....we are in Tyrania..." Somehow this didn't surprise Az. Ele'thria scrambled through her pouch. "Here. take this gold, it should be enough to get you home."

Azurwrath accepted the money, "Thank you, Ele'thria." Azurwrath began to gather his things, including the egg he received from the Gold.

"Azurwrath!" Ele'thria called as Azurwrath was leaving the the tent. "You will always be Nay'a and you will always be Nashai. Do not forget us."

With a smile on his face, Az went back and embraced Ele'thria. Tears ran down his cheeks and he whispered, "Never......"

~ ~ ~

Az was sleeping on the boat back to Etaria that same night. Ever since the cleansing of his soul, Az has never had a night terror. He sleeps peacefully through the night and no longer fears himself or Zaniel.

He was awoken suddenly, however, when he heard his pack moving. He rushed over to it and opened the pack. The egg was hatching! After a few short beautiful minutes, a baby fairie dragon sat eying Az. "Hi girl....My name is Azurwrath. I am your guardian." Az reached into his pack and pulled out some meat. The fairie dragon ate it eagerly and began to play with Az's hand. "What should I name you?" Az thought back to his teachings with Ele'thria. She had tried to teach him the language of magic and the language of elves...but Az already knew common, draconic, and celestial....he couldn't retain the other two languages. Then he remembered a word that Ele'thria taught him. "How about Shoogi? It means 'Pure' in magic." Shoogi smiled as much of a smile that a dragon can muster and continued to play with Az.

The journey was a long journey home, but with Shoogi at his side there was never a dull moment. He smiled, knowing he had finally found a purpose and yet another family. Azurwrath is Nashai....He is Nay'a....He is a guardian...He is happy.

(This explains my inactivity for a few RL months and Class change to Sorcerer)

Offline Profile