PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:27 pm 
Caenyr Noble
Caenyr Noble

BIO
GSID: Narain
Name Florospar B. Stonewall (Flo)
Sex: Female
Race: Dwarf
Class: Fighter/Dwarven Defender (Shield of Durin)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Deity: Durin

Flo trudged up the steep paths toward the hidden sanctuary of the Shield-maidens of Durin. She was returning from her first visit home after years of training and admitted she enjoyed the time spent with her parents and siblings. It had taken much effort on her part to convince them she should follow her desires and become a Shield-maiden. The Stonewall clan had provided Shields of Durin and Fists of Durin for generations and all of her older brothers were now well advanced in their training. Their family had gotten their name from the stand they made against an incursion of the Dark Elves generations ago. Her father was a leader of the Dwarven militia. She had wanted for years to be like her brothers, a force to stand between the dwarves and their enemies. She had secretly followed her brothers to their training and with a “found” ax copied their moves and exercises. Then she had heard the tales of a sanctuary far to the north that took in female dwarves and trained them as Shield-maidens of Durin. The stories told of how they appeared in times of need and fought like Durin’s own wrath to protect the people, disappearing after the battle only to appear at time of great need. Now she, Flo Stonewall was a trainee in their ranks.
As Flo topped the steep ridge she realized the strange smell she has been getting was smoke, smoke and the smell of burned flesh. As fast as her short legs would carry her she rushed forward, and saw, Gods, Durin protect us, she saw the gates to the sanctuary blown open, hanging loosely on the hinges. Smoke drifted from the opening to the sanctuary, drifting across a blasted land before the gates.
Flo explored cautiously the sanctuary, bodies of Shield-maidens were scattered about mixed with orcs, orges and creatures she had no name for. Magic had been used here, magic in great quantities and force and it smelled of Itheril, the dark elves, sworn foes of the dwarves. She found no life, the armories had been stripped, anything of value or use taken. If Itheril had fallen, and she believed they had, their bodies had been removed and the bodies of the lesser left behind. Her sister’s had fought well. This she could tell as scores on enemy bodies lay before each Maiden.
Flo was torn, should she stay and bury the bodies of her sisters or speed south to warn the Dwarven nation of this atrocity. Thoughts of her family fresh in her mind she decided to race as quickly as possible home, to bring warning to the dwarves who had not seen a concentrated invasion of the dark in years. She arranged the bodies of her sisters. Then she prayed to Durin that this place should become a monument to the Shield-maidens of Durin. In memory of them she engraved on the cliff above the doors a message: “Herein lies the tomb of the Shield-maidens of Durin. Disturb them not, for they died in defense of the Dwarven Nation . The wrath of Durin shall befall on any who desecrate this place or their memory.”
Flo then addressed an appeal to Durin to sanctify this place and guard it in the memory of those Shield-maidens who had served him well. In her mind Flo heard a voice “Aye, daughter, that I shall”. When she looked up her crude carving seemed to flow and become artfully done and above her message appeared deeply incised in the stone the symbol of Durin.
The ten day trip north was reversed in only six days and as Flo approached her home she suddenly knew she was too late. Inside the caverns and tunnels of her home she found the bodies of her friends, her kin, her family and again bodies of orcs, goblins, orges were everywhere. The reek of dark magic filled the air, the reek of Itheril, but no Itheril bodies were left behind. Her clan was a distant outpost of the Dwarven nation, here because of the deep mines and mitheral deposits. Perhaps the dark elves had decided they were incurring too deeply on their underdark.
This time Flo decided to honor the dead, it took her weeks to remove the dwarven bodies and lay them in a cavern and then collapse the entrance. With prayers to Durin for their afterlife including those of her parents and brothers who had been laughing, drinking and teasing her such a short time before she turned her path south to warn the other dwarves of this new menace and perhaps further south to find allies in the world beyond. Somehow she would complete her training and then return and bring the wrath of Durin on those who had destroyed her home, her family, her world.

Feredir Erynion
Tipper Bouldershoulders

Last edited by Flyfisher on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:44 am 
Caenyr Noble
Caenyr Noble

Flo sat in her room remembering all the things that had happened to bring her here to this world out of the mountains. She smiled fondly recalling her Da who probably more than anyone set her on this path. She had always believed it was because he spent so much time with the elves that he had given her that damned middle name. “B.” even now she wouldn’t say it, it just wasn’t a good dwarvish name, but it was what made her into a fighter. She recalled her younger brother’s broken nose when he had used it and how her older brother had limped for months after he called her "B." in an argument. Only her Da could call her “B.” and get away with it Her Ma almost never used it except when Flo had done something really bad, usually involving inflicting injury on one of her brothers for useing that name. Now,no one was left who knew what the “B.” stood for and while she could have dropped it she would keep at least the “B.” to remind her of her family and her past. Durin help anyone who ever called her “B.” again though.

Feredir Erynion
Tipper Bouldershoulders

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:17 pm 
Caenyr Noble
Caenyr Noble

I must record this somewhere. Today while I was killing the Fire Giants a spirit of a dead Shield-maiden of Durin appeared to me. They do not rest in peace for a great evil stalks the land. She gave me no details only said I was not yet strong enough to aid them. She promised to return once I was strong enough to help and also told me to gather allies. I promised to aid them whenever they called. Oh Durin, they were so strong, they protected your people why cannot they resy in peace?

Feredir Erynion
Tipper Bouldershoulders

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:54 am 
Caenyr Noble
Caenyr Noble

Oh Durin, muttered Flo, this is all happening too fast.
She had long ago dedicated her life to the service of the Dwarf Father and her people and now, to meet Durin him self not once but twice in one day. It was almost more than she could comprehend.
First she met him as she was leaving the Genocise area (another story) as an ordinary dwarf miner. Thinking back many of his questions to her had been about her beliefs and her intentions. Then he had told her of some dwarven miners trapped by trolls near the stronghold. He asked her what she would do and ,of course, she said she intended to help them. She went to the Troll Caves and after bashing a lot of trolls found the miners, healed them and lead them out of the cave.
The Durin appeared again this time as himself. He actually said she was doing well and did something that made her feel stronger in mind and body. He actually called her His Shield-maiden! He then told her that her clan and most importantly to her, her family were safe in his Halls, but he confirmed the souls of the Maidens did not rest as they should in his Halls. Durin told her and another dwarf named Jessica who had arrived that a great evil he called “the gray” threatened the dwarves. He told them to spread the word to the dwarves and gather allies. The she actually hugged Him, hugged Him and kissed his cheek. She would remember that forever.
After Durin departed she noticed Jessica was wearing Company colors and they returned to the keep to spread the word and let the Company know what was happening. The Company as she expected promised aid and Jessica gave some insight on what “the gray” might be and where it might have come from.
So very much to happen in one short day. Flo swore to herself to increase her training so as to better serve when Durin called.

Feredir Erynion
Tipper Bouldershoulders

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:33 pm 
Caenyr Noble
Caenyr Noble

It was over, this time of unbelievable happenings. She was no londer Thane of the Khazad, priestess of Durin or even a defender. She had packed her belongings and traveled to Sepich hold. Finding the warriors of Sepich she threw herself into retraining herself endless hours of exhausting labor and more hours learning new skills and ways of fighting. Her faith in Durin was not shaken, but her faith in herself was, and she was determined to continue her life as a defender of her people, she might not have the abilities she had had but she would use what she did have to continue as a defender of the dwarfs, and maybe someday the Father would find it in his heart to forgive her. If there was anything "good" if what had happened it was that suddenly she felt freer. Durin had required his Defenders to to avatars of Law and Good, many times she had felt frustrated, feeling action was required to protect the people which required a more liberal view. Now she was free to use whatever was needed to protect her people. Oh, she wouldn't become a rampaging crazed Hander, but sometimes she believed the end justified the means. Now she could do whatever she believed needed to protect the people.
The Sepich training had included new abilities, new ideas and new methods which she swore to Durin would be used to defend the people. Dwarven Defender she might no longer be, but defender of the dwarfs she would always be. Her sadness at losing Durin's trust in her was mitigated somewhat by the thought that now she could still be a Shield maiden as she had been in the beginning. It gave her some joy, but the sadness in her heart of her failures remained. Kneeling she swore, "KNow this Father, I still believe and ever shall, "None shall pass."

((Class: Fighter/Shield of Durin -> Rogue/Fighter/Barbarian. Alignment: Lawful Good -> Neutral Good.))

Feredir Erynion
Tipper Bouldershoulders

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:58 pm 
Caenyr Noble
Caenyr Noble

Flo knelt before Durin's altar as she had for many years now, she wished his forgiveness, "Lord Father I never sought tha titles ye gave me, all ever wanted was ta protect yer people from those who wished um harm. Please great Father give this unworthy lass back her abilities ta defend yer people. Talked ta yer Voice Fortis, said outta his hands," Don't asks fet title err special gear as ye once gave me, just ta be as I was at the beginning , Defender of the People. Know I still bes me and me mouth bes me worst enemy, but me dedication ta Ye not changed. Done best I could as yer Thane and Axe, fell short, but me heart and soul be ever yours. Know "long as me heart do beat and me lungs draw breath, ta harm yer people , none shall pass.".
Flo drinks an ale and continues knelling before the altar.

Feredir Erynion
Tipper Bouldershoulders

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:06 pm 
Caenyr Noble
Caenyr Noble

OOC/ Shiny says Flo has atoned for her past sins, only change would be to return (re roll) her to Fighter(10) Dwarven Defender(10)(ie Shield of Durin), Still not sure how this works and yes I read the posts!

Feredir Erynion
Tipper Bouldershoulders

Offline Profile