Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:18 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:15 am 
It was a small bit of concern that Gabriel knelt at the temple in prayer. For much of his time, he had believed to have a fairly robust understanding of his god, but now it seemed as if things were changing. Hiram had thought that Tyllar was stricken by grief, and not his normal self. Gabriel did not find it wise to assume either way, regardless of what extremes some of his brothers and sisters of faith took the same religion. Gabriel was the Light, and his duty was to carry the words of his god to the flock, and vice versa, and none of that had changed. Taking heart that things would, eventually, make sense, Gabriel prayed.
My lord Tyllar, I realized I have failed in keeping with the mission you gave me. I have no excuse, my considerations took too long time, my judgement should had been swifter. But I realize this is not the opportune time to speak of champions when old memories may be evoked. I am always here to carry Your voice, my lord, and if there is something I can do to alleviate Your pain, I shall perform it without delay.
I remain, as always, Your devoted servant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:00 am 
Caenyr Newcomer
Caenyr Newcomer

The voice and form of the God fades, but the joy remains undimmed on the face and in the heart of His servant, Garrick.

Seeing the pain on the Gods face was almost more than he could bear, but upon hearing the charge, there was nothing to do but the will of Tyllar.

The God had said "I have blessed their cause, but would have your level head and great wisdom to guide them and lend them advice." So be it. What he was in Tyllar's service, that he would give to the Crusaders.

With difficulty he kneels, but he offers up his thanks and his love to the Lord of Justice.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Tyllar's Prayers
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:21 pm 
Caenyr Newcomer
Caenyr Newcomer

Moving through the deepest darkness of the night, Lawrence walks into the temple. Kneeling in front of the altar, Lawrence rests his fist on the small step and bows his heads. "Father, I have finally returned."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:59 pm 
Caenyr Newcomer
Caenyr Newcomer

His steps lead him to a temple In Goldhaven. His errand there is many-fold, but the most important one he now addresses. his shoes removed as the local custom demands, he kneels...and speaks to his God.

My Lord Tyllar, I am not come for Thy help...Thou has given me much already.

I do not ask for power...great might is mine, but only from Thy will.

Friends I have...but I will have need of more, for the task before me is great, my Lord.

I see where I have gone wrong, my Lord. I have misused Thy gifts. I have healed wounds, people, made them whole...but what of the world? What of the evil that walks it? Where is my Lord's Justice for those many dead in Maleneska who cry out for it?

*shakes his head ruefully*

I have been blind, Lord, and a fool, thinking I had reached the limits of my service to Thee. I have thought as a child, and acted as one, but it is time to put away childish things. It is time to join the ranks of those of Thy servants who have gone before.

I am still what I am, Lord, what Thou has made of me...a healer, but Thou has given me much. Time and enough now to use it to the fullest, in Thy fullest service.

That time is now.

In Thy name, I shall heal the world, and remove the stain of evil from it's face. I may not strike with a sword, but I can use the magic gifted me in other ways. I will be what Thou has need of, a holy warrior, one to help kindle Thy flame of Justice for all to see...to light the world.

His head bowed, he meditates...and plans.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:55 pm 
Caenyr Noble
Caenyr Noble

Hiram knelt before the destroyed and desecrated temple in Malenska.
"Father this I swear to you, whoever did this shall pay. My life is yours and toward this end I will spend it. This I swear in Hiram's name. I shall not rest until those who did this evil are brought to Justice and your temple rebuilt."

//OOC posted here from Deeds Most Foul thread//

Feredir Erynion
Tipper Bouldershoulders

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:23 pm 
NPC - Deity
NPC - Deity

The prayers from Maleneska rose up to Tyllar's ears, and his dark eyes looked down upon the smouldering remains of the village. Mercy was his brother's domain, and it would be much needed in the aftermath of what had happened. Justice, however, was his to dispense. His voice filled the minds of his followers, both those actively pursuing his goals and those merely lending him their ear.

For what happened in Maleneska today, Justice must be served. Pay no heed to the vile tongues that will attribute these events to lacking defenses. There is only one group that can and will be blamed for what happened: the wicked scourge of the Curse's brood. For their actions of willing, wanton and senseless evil, they will be judged and sentenced. Let Justice be done, with courage in your hearts and wisdom in your minds.

Those who served Tyllar with sword and spell would see how their weapons glowed with a seething golden radiance. It was Tyllar's will that the Dread Talon feel the consequences of their actions.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:41 pm 
Caenyr Newcomer
Caenyr Newcomer

GSID: Waterjules
Name of Main PC: Olivia Grace
Gazing at the place that had been her first true home as an adult Olivia Grace prayed.

Lord Tyllar there must be justice for this, but for now I pray your grace to aid the injured and hurt, to rebuild the lives smashed by this devastation. Strengthen us for the road ahead, strengthen our spirits and the spirits of those of good will who are gathered here.

Still praying the Illuminatus began to minister in the name of Tyllar, Justice set aside for the moment but never forgotten.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:22 am 
Caenyr Newcomer
Caenyr Newcomer

His home destroyed, Garrick finds much of his time spent with the people whom he cared for, and called neighbor...time spent in Maleneska.

This night, not wanting to avail himself of stone rooms in Kestrel Keep while those same neighbors slept in the dirt, he slowly limps up the rise, to the ruins of the Temple of Tyllar.

There, amidst the tumbled walls and wreckage, he still finds peace, for the God of Justice does not live in walls alone, but in the hearts of his people.

Bundling his cloak as a pillow, he lays down under the stars that peek through the broken roof. And before he closes his eyes, he voices a small prayer.

Lord, grant Thy people Justice. The ones who created this evil still walk. Grant Thy servant the strength to stand in the face of their evil, and not falter. Help those of good will, who resist evil, find the wisdom to join together, so that we may not singly be swept aside.

And let Thy servants be Thy strong right arm, Thy will made manifest upon the face of Etaria.

His eyes close...but his face and his heart smile.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:18 pm 
Caenyr Newcomer
Caenyr Newcomer

The sounds echo hollowly upon the flagstones; a step, a shuffling drag, the clack of his staff hitting the stone. Repeated and repeated, for as long as he can remember; such has been the pattern of his life. Slowly he makes his way on a circuit around the walls, walking his patrol, tears of shame, of rage, of pain slowly making their way down his face to wash the stones at his feet, smeared as they are dragged along the stones by his crippled leg.

Never before has he ever felt this way, not even as a boy. Well he remembers the taunts, but taunts were never more than a sting compared to what he had thrown in his face this night.

His whole life had been one spent in service; whether the smith, or the village healer, or Tyllar's Temple in Maleneska while it stood. It was all he ever wanted, and gave him purpose, a sense of belonging, even though he was different. Always he smiled at the jibes, the jokes; why be sad or angry about what was manifest in him? He knew, more than any other, that they were right...he was a cripple, and lamed.

But this night, having his lameness thrown at him that way, being told that he used it to avoid his duty, used it as an excuse? This was more than he could bear. When one to whom he was supposed to be an oath-brother with, a fellow Praetorian berated him for his simple inability to stand straight, who said that he was there to protect lives, and he failed because he did not give more? That one cut to the core of him. Garrick, a Healer, who gave everything he had unselfishly every day of his life, being told it was not enough, being told to seek a priest to mend him...as if that dream never occurred to him, a Healer of Tyllar.

So many thoughts, hopes, dreams of a whole life swirled before his eyes, dreams he denied...because they were fruitless, and only brought him pain in the end; those dreams he did not allow himself.

And so he walked the walls, his thoughts a maelstrom, his eyes seeing the moons of Caenyr, but his mind a million leagues past them, seeking answers were there were none.

And so he sought his solace where he always did, in the will of his Lord Tyllar. He halts at the corner of the battlements, his words spoken in the quiet of the night and the quiet of the watch, sent winging outward, hoping they would be heard.

My Lord, Thy servant needs Thee this night. I need something that Thou hast given through me to many, but this night I ask for myself, for the first time in my life. Always have I been Thy servant, and will til the day Thou calls me home. But now I see that all that I am is not enough. I am Thy Healer, here to ease the pain and suffering of Thy children on this world filled with evil. I see now my true task, to cleanse the world, heal it of evil as well. This is what drove me to the Kings Praetorian Knights, to serve even more, both a kingdom, and Thee.

But I am not enough, Lord...because I am lame. This night I have had hurled in my face that I am a liability; I, who only live to help. And I fear Lord, fear that he is right. All too often I have forced those who run to the face of battle to wait, while I, halt upon my leg, stumble along in their wake, forcing them to turn and defend, when they should be crying Thy name and surging forward to strike at the heart of evil, and so remove its stain from the world.

My Lord, I beg of Thee, if only for this battle...heal me!. Let me be whole one day, that I might not be the cause of their failure, that I might not fail Thee in this, the greatest task that Thou has set before me. Let me stride forth boldly, and succor those who stand firm for Thee. I ask it not for myself, Lord. Take back Thy gift of healing if Thou must. I have lived this long this way, and will make do the rest of whatever time Thou has allotted me. But do not let me fail my brothers, my sisters...my friends, Lord Tyllar.

Let me be whole! Whole, so that those who carry Thy Justice with open hands to the fallen of Maleneska can mete out the punishment deserved to those of evil heart in this world.

His voice, which had grown strident in its doubt, its suffering of guilt, quiets. At the last, he becomes once more the young man that he is, innocent. And his voice is now nothing but sincere, his heart open as always for the world to see...for his God to see.

If only for a day, my Lord Tyllar...heal me, so that I may heal the world of its hurts, and with Thy children make it whole again.

A sigh of wind lifts a tear and carries it far over the walls of Kestrel Keep, to fall the Gods only know where. But as always, even though the pain still lingers, speaking in his heart to his God lifts that heart, if only for a little while. Lifts it far above the trammels of his maimed flesh, and the maimed world; his heart, the one thing about him that soars free and far...unhindered, and whole.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:34 pm 
NPC - Deity
NPC - Deity

Miscr3ant wrote:
His voice, which had grown strident in its doubt, its suffering of guilt, quiets. At the last, he becomes once more the young man that he is, innocent. And his voice is now nothing but sincere, his heart open as always for the world to see...for his God to see.

If only for a day, my Lord Tyllar...heal me, so that I may heal the world of its hurts, and with Thy children make it whole again.

A sigh of wind lifts a tear and carries it far over the walls of Kestrel Keep, to fall the Gods only know where. But as always, even though the pain still lingers, speaking in his heart to his God lifts that heart, if only for a little while. Lifts it far above the trammels of his maimed flesh, and the maimed world; his heart, the one thing about him that soars free and far...unhindered, and whole.

Garrick was answered with silence of a serene and soothing kind. There was peace to be found in prayer, the followers of Tyllar often used it as a way to straighten out their own thoughts and to solidify their sense of Justice. The Deity listened, however, noticing the inner battle within the crippled healer, Pride of who he was on one side and the desire to be an effective agent of Justice on the other.

He would find no quick answer here, no miracle on the temple floor, yet neither would he find himself unheard. The time would soon come to resolve his dilemma, one way or another.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:49 pm 
Caenyr Newcomer
Caenyr Newcomer

Name of Main PC: Michael Meldun
Kneeling in Goldhaven's temple, Michael prays.

Lord Tyllar. Father of light. He who is most Good and Just. I pray before you in humble recognition of the many blessings you've seen fit to bestow upon me. My cause. My family, the Crusaders of the Argent Flame. The love of my life whom I will one day call my wife. And, the opportunity to spread your will across Caenyr through both kind deed and needed action. I pray for your continued guidance and strength, as I continue to serve you with every fiber of my being. In all things that I think, feel, and do.

Michael's Bio

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:04 am 
Caenyr Newcomer
Caenyr Newcomer

Name of Main PC: Delvorin Reynolt
Kneeling before the fallen temple at Maleneska, Delvorin prays to his Lord Tyllar for help and guidance against a new threat threatening the King's Praetorian Knights, a demon and a ghost child. Whether they are one and the same or not, he does not know.

My Lord Tyllar, I pray to you, kneeling before your fallen temple. I know you are there, listening to the prayers of your followers. My god, I pray for guidance and aid in these troubled times for the Praetorians. We face a new threat, a new powerful threat that torments each member of the Praetorians. My lord, grant us protection, bring light into this situation and reveal this unknown threat. Guide me and use me, my lord Tyllar, that I may be of use to the Praetorians as we face this threat. Fill me with your blessings and power that this demon may pay for the injustice he brings upon our brothers. O Tyllar, I am your faithful servant and I will serve you until the day I die. Grant me strength that I may keep my oath as I seek to fight this evil in the land.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:00 am 
NPC - Deity
NPC - Deity

Throughout the world, the devout of Tyllar felt a familiar warmth within their hearts. A deep, strong voice called to them, fatherly but strict.

My children, the Hand of Justice once again walks the mortal world. His name is Dissideous Rex. He is favoured by me for his wisdom and determination. Seek him, if you feel the need for guidance.

A brief image of an elven man in green armour flashes in their minds, and then all is still again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:14 am 
NPC - Deity
NPC - Deity

Several days later, Tyllar's voice resounds again, proud and deep.

My children, the Hand of Justice will from today on find the Voice of Wisdom at his side. My priest Garrick has been tasked with dispensing spiritual guidance when needed, my mortal voice in this realm.

A friendly man in robes is shown briefly, a staff radiating a soft yellow light in his right hand.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:02 am 
Caenyr Citizen
Caenyr Citizen

The Sentence ambled into his lords sanctuary.

Setting aside his gear, save the worn leather bound book that never left his side, he eased himself to the floor as was his custom and opened the tome, his fingers tracing the illustrations in the margins with a loving touch.

Finally closing it, he gazed up into the dim reaches of the temple.

Though his voice no longer held the ring of youth, it still echoed to the farthest corners.

ULLO TULLA!

OYE COMED SAYS ULLO GAIN!

ULLO!

OYE STILL WUMPS MEANIES FUR YU LOYK SAYED LONG TOYME GO.

He paused and looked back at the razor shard axe at the door.

BUTS OYE DUN'T MOVES SO GOODS NAMORE...

The stiffness in his bones had happened gradually, but there was now no longer any way to deny it.

He looked once more to the shadowed ceiling with a look of sad confusion.

...OYE DUN'T UNNERSTAND...

TULLA?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:56 am 
Caenyr Land Owner
Caenyr Land Owner

GSID: Shadowdemon_86
Name of Main PC: Keigo Masamune
Keigo walked into the temple, stepping carefully with all the reverence of a man walking on holy ground. Kyonobi generally had shrines, not temples, and faith was more of a private affairs. Yet Etarians were unusually open with private matters such as faith and philosophy. Back home, it would had been terribly rude for Keigo to ask another samurai which god he followed, yet here, people did not seem to mind. He had much to learn of these lands indeed. Yet, as Keigo had told Fortis-san, the people of Chail were honest and hard-working, much like back home. People were different, yet also the same.
Carefully, Keigo removed his helmet and knelt down on the floor, placing the helmet beside him. He lowered his head respectfully towards the altar.

Tyllar-sama, it has been many weeks since I arrived in the west and looked upon your temple for the first time. I have met people, many of them honorable, some of them gracious and helpful. I find myself humbled, for there are virtues in the west that I did not expect at first. I give thanks, my lord, for your guiding hand during my long journey and the skills you have seen fit to grant me. I will do my utmost to prove myself worthy of this trust and repay the people of this land for the kindness they have shown to me. A samurai always repays his debts and never forgets his friends, for such is the way of Bushido.

He slowly rose and made a swift bow towards the altar, in Kyonobian fashion.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:31 am 
WoC Enhancer (Team Lead)
WoC Enhancer (Team Lead)

GSID: RessurectionX
Name of Main PC: Dissideous

As I walked up the hill to the temple, I took a moment to revel in the amount of effort it took from everyone to finally get it finished. Living a stone's throw away from the temple had it's advantages- I was able to meet and remember most of those who came to the temple to offer help, and I heard every stone grind and settle into place. I felt bolstered with the amazing sense of pride I began to feel over our most humble temple.

I waited for a space in front of the altar before I approached, untying His sword from my side and gripping it in my right hand. I stood for awhile in silence, evaluating the meaning of the scales in front of me- the true meaning of the balance that it represented. I took a deep inhale through my nose and closed my eyes as I realized I would never be able to understand the depths of his wisdom, but the feeling was reassuring... I knew that no matter how old and frail I would become, I would always have a more wise and knowing father standing beside me. The meaning of this alone to me, is indescribable.

I knelt and placed Tyllar's sword in front of me, closing my eyes and taking another deep breath through my nose. I repeat my breathing, and before long I felt the calm come over me- a deep concentration that only elves can obtain. I noticed the whispers of the others fall to a murmur as my mind toned them out and wandered over my duties for Tyllar, and the time I spent on every detail of my thoughts while in the temple made time seem to pass quickly. I felt an occasional brief hand on my shoulder- brothers of faith offering silent support while I knelt there, idle in front of the altar for hours.

//PM Sent.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:01 pm 
Caenyr Noble
Caenyr Noble

Hiram knelt in the temple, "Father I understand not the changes. but know my faith and desire to serve justice does no falter. I seek not titles or special consideration, only to serve serve You.

Feredir Erynion
Tipper Bouldershoulders

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:34 am 
Caenyr Newcomer
Caenyr Newcomer

Katsuo sat staring into the water, fishing rod in hand. Although he had seen Tyllar's temple in Malenska, and found it a fine building, thoughts of faith seemed to come to him most often on the battlefield. Or sometimes when he simply sat and kept his hands busy, such as was the case now.

"I felt very uncomfortable today my lord. I happened across some villagers who were clearly getting ready for battle. They said they were off to kill orcs. When I asked what the orcs had done to merit such treatment... the villagers looked confused.

"They're orcs." was the best justification I could find. It left me feeling sad. While I'm sure that the nearby clan of greenskins had probably done some act of evil recently, perhaps even many acts, I had no word of such. No evidence. No rumors, even.

The villagers were disappointed when I told them I would not accompany them. Disappointed and angry. Perhaps they would have been less angry if they knew how close I was to threatening them with my sword.

That would have been the right thing to do, wouldn't it my Lord? Wave my sword around to prevent an unprovoked attack on a nearby family unit? Perhaps I should have.

I wish I had."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:28 pm 
Caenyr Noble
Caenyr Noble

Hiram knelt before the alter, "Father I am here, I serve you as best I may, use me as you need. Know my devotion is complete and all I wish is to serve your need."

Feredir Erynion
Tipper Bouldershoulders

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:31 am 
WoC Enhancer
WoC Enhancer

GSID: ratty_uk2011
Name of Main PC: Hoeder Tuscan
Hoeder had been troubled recently. He had hoped that the move from service in the Chail military to a quieter life amongst his kind in Ath’bel’ya would bring him some peace, but it seemed not. Unsurprisingly, the time spent predominantly amongst the followers of Ath’endal’lynn had opened his mind to other ways of thinking and behaving, to such an extent that he spent many hours debating her tenants with those who would entertain the discussion.

However the discussions and considerations had to come to an end, and so they did, with a decision.

Ultimately Hoeder always had to take a side; he had spent most of his adult life fighting for the concepts of “Law” and Goodness” and now couldn’t reconcile that with Mother Nature’s requirement for “Balance”. As a concept that was fine and well, but only for those with the vision and patience of a God. As for mortals, well they had to stand for something, fight for a cause. When the time came, and it always did, he just couldn’t see himself standing back and judging.

Consequently in short order he was riding through Malenkensa to Tyllar’s temple with a commitment to reaffirm his devotion to the The Just. He had always been devout as a follower rather than proselytising, and had always done what he could to behave with Justice, Goodness, Pride and Courage. Well, apart from the blood and secrets when the occasion required them.

He smiled slightly as he remembered the barely legal war he had fought with the Brethren to reclaim this land for the temple during their occupation of the town, and hoped that that would stand him in some favour. And just as soon the smile faded as he remembered those followers he served with in the Praetorians, Gabriel Alastor and Hiram Smythe, and wondered what had become of them.

Quickly enough the last part of the pilgrimage was over and as soon as his horse was stabled, armour and weapons stored away, he entered the temple and stood in front of the alter with his head bowed, in the Elven manner of prayer.

My Lord.

Please hear this prayer of devotion to you, and beseech you to bless me with the gifts of your Divine magic so I might continue to do your work.

Ever an Elf of few words, so that that was all he said.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:27 pm 
NPC - Deity
NPC - Deity

Hoeder Tuscan wrote:
My Lord.

Please hear this prayer of devotion to you, and beseech you to bless me with the gifts of your Divine magic so I might continue to do your work.

The answer was perhaps more than he expected.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:11 pm 
Caenyr Newcomer
Caenyr Newcomer

Broken and ashamed, downtrodden and oppressed by guilt and lack of faith, for the first time since his captivity he entered Maleneska with a hood over his face, concealing his tears, into the rebuilt temple of Justice. He could contain his tortured feelings no longer and knelt, uttering almost inaudibly.

"O My God, My God, why have you forsaken us! Do you not hear their cries of lamentation with your name on their lips, begging for release? The Prime Atrocity and those who serve him have shown me...I have seen it...where is Justice, where is Right? I know I lack the devotion I once had but I beg of you, strengthen me, I cannot put up with the malice that broods in my heart any longer. Once I stood proud in your name, now I do not know whether to pity or rejoice over the prospect of pain, yes, even torment, upon the wicked and malignant. My sin is great, reforge in me a new heart and a pure spirit, O Lord and Father...Please..."

Although inaudible and covered by a hood the man began to weep, softly and to himself, and only those who came close to him could feel the woe emanating from this man who yet still carried the gift of divine power from the One who he felt forsaken him.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9