Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:17 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Half-Celestials
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:11 pm 
WoC Architect
WoC Architect

GSID: Waterjules
Name of Main PC: Laurel Dy'ness
On occasion, these outsiders venture into Caenyr, seeking or perhaps hunting daemons, or evil creatures in general. Though sightings are rare, in the vast swaths of land, known as the untamed lands, they have been known to appear, sometimes they become connected to this world and fall for one of its inhabitants, a priestess perhaps, it has happened and when it does, something unusual is born. A child, infused with powers from the celestial planes((this is usually clerical or paladin ability, Half-celestials are not any more powerful than the norm)). These children, are always affected by this lineage, often becoming unemotional and fanatical. They become Clerics or Paladins and dedicate themselves to their task, swearing allegiance to a God. Their skin is usually golden, and their hair white. They become lonely warriors, often resenting those who bear attachments to them, for interfering with their duties. Some recognise the law of man, but others reject it, treating only the words of their God as law, they care little for anything but serving their Deity.

One such person, was Myeri Novastorm. He grew up on a farm in the northern lands, on a particular afternoon he observed his mother stealing from the local shop, the crops had failed and food was scare. He grabbed his training sword, walked up to his mother and cut the bread from her hand, almost cutting it off "It is better to ask, in hopes of appealing to their noble humanity, than to steal like the devil in the dark. Evil leads to greed, this is not the path you can take, redeem yourself and beg forgiveness, even though you do not deserve it, for you have failed my expectations and I shall leave, lest I corrupt myself with your presence. May this be a lesson to you!"

They are zealots, viewing even a minor transgression as a crime against Justice. Usually it is impossible to reason with them, they define things as good or evil, black and white, in their eyes, there is no grey in between.

But, they are not inherently connected to the Gods. The Celestial beings are from a distant plane, unconnected to the Gods of this one, but they are inherently good and this is something extremely difficult to remove from them.

Recommended Classes: Paladin Cleric
Recommended Alignment: LG, NG, CG

They possess no powers other than those usually granted to them by their Gods, they are difficult individuals, often with dire personality problems as a result of the union between their parents. They walk a path of hardship, struggling to deal with their non-celestial parts.

Celessa, the Streams and Celestial Races Information regarding half-Celestials

My Blog

Last edited by Laurel on Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:12 pm 
WoC Architect
WoC Architect

GSID: Waterjules
Name of Main PC: Laurel Dy'ness
Other Races (playable if so stated)

The Ageless Kin
Breathstealers
Bugbears
Conception, Gestation and Maturation Across the Species
Erri’l
Gobley: Language of goblins and hobgoblins
Half-Celestial (playable race)
Celestial Races Revisited
Half-Demons (playable race)
Half-Dragon (playable race)
Half-Nymphs (playable race)
History of Languages
History of the Yuan-Ti
Hook Horrors
The Githzerai
The Illithids
Kitsune
Llith
The Lupinal
Lycanthropes (playable race)
The History of Lycanthropy
Master Trees and Barklings
Merfolk
Minotaurs of Caenyr
The Pedryfan’elfen
Ri’asa (playable race)
Sea Siren
The Sidhe
Spirit Folk
Unique Undead of Etaria
Vampyre (Playable race)
Wemic

My Blog

Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]