Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:29 am

Post subject: Hi Everyone
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:49 pm 
Caenyr Newcomer
Caenyr Newcomer

Name of Main PC: Delvorin Reynolt
Hey guys. I was looking for an NWN RP persistent world and came across this site. Decided to register and read up on the server and would like to give it a shot. I have been reading up on some of the history and religions since I'm planning to play a cleric. Been trying to gain some knowledge of Zenegral and deities to make my character arise from this world you guys created. Was browsing through all the info and you guys really have done an amazing job creating a living breathing world here. I look forward to writing my biography, deciding what kind of person my char will be, and being a part of and experiencing this world.

Here's just something about myself. I am currently a student in Philadelphia working on getting into a PhD program for church history, so might not play as much as I would like. I am a huge baseball fan. Grew up in New York so naturally became a big Yankees fan in the 90s. Also love watching other sports. I have been playing RPGs for a long time. The first mmorpg I played was Ultima Online. I loved playing Baldur's Gate 2, Icewind Dale, Final Fantasy 6 and 7, among numerous other games. Also, I'm a huge fan of the Forgotten Realms novels, especially the ones by RA Salvatore and Ed Greenwood, so if anyone ever wants to discuss those books, I'm always up for that.

No questions really come to mind yet, but I'm sure as I write the bio, I'll have many. Hope to get to know everyone and be a part of this community.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hi Everyone
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:02 pm 
WoC Architect
WoC Architect

GSID: Waterjules
Name of Main PC: Laurel Dy'ness
Hello and welcome.

Thanks for the compliments we are very proud of our lore.

I shan't say more except I have a degree in Theology so my compliments on the PhD application.

Now I shall move aside and allow the hordes panting behind me to say hi :)

*shines*

My Blog

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:22 pm 
Caenyr Newcomer
Caenyr Newcomer

GSID: Burdisson Thorsgrimm
Name of Main PC: Burdissom Thorsgrimm
*Barges his way through the throngs of people grunting* Move asoide, move asoide, let me tru...Da name be's Burdisson T'orsgrimm ov no great importance oye kin ashure ya. Iffin' ya 'ave eny questions, or need eny 'elp, jus' let me kno' en oye'll do me best ta 'elp ya out.

Welcome lad.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:00 pm 
:welcome: Feel free to ask. I am originally from Philly myself!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:38 pm 
Caenyr Newcomer
Caenyr Newcomer

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I had one question while reading some of the history. Is there anything else on the city of Zenegral? I wanted to create a priest raised in Zenegral and who serves and worships Tyllar and want to get as much info as there is available.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:14 pm 
Caenyr Noble
Caenyr Noble

Welcome! Let Shiny tell you the details but Zenegral is no loner IG but think it's still playable as an origin, know two of my PC's are from areas no longer IG but in Forum play.

Feredir Erynion
Tipper Bouldershoulders

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:36 pm 
Caenyr Newcomer
Caenyr Newcomer

ahhhh, that's disappointing. Zenegral seemed like a great place to be a part of as a warrior of good. If I understand your comment correctly, it still exists as a part of the world and I can still be from and raised in Zenegral?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:34 pm 
Caenyr Citizen
Caenyr Citizen

Name of Main PC: Ithilwen Nesseldeori
Hi there and welcome! I am also a big fan of Salvatore's books. I read through the Drizzt series a long time ago, and that is what really got me into RPing.

I too am going through school and working on a degree on Aeronautical Science and my play time is also limited, but we understand that we all have other priorities and that it is nice to have an escape from daily life when we would like it, so you will not have problems in that regard.

I cannot wait to see what you come up with as a base for your character, and look forward to RPing with you. Welcome to Caenyr!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:45 pm 
Caenyr Newcomer
Caenyr Newcomer

Awesome, another Salvatore fan. Which was your favorite series or book? I know it's so hard to narrow it down. :p Mine would have to be Hunter's Blade Trilogy, though as a single book, Ghost King was probably my fave. I love crossovers and Drizzt, Jarlaxle, AND Cadderly is just win.

I just submitted my character. Been thinking about it alot and wondering how I want my char to be. I thought do I want a flashy, out there kind of backstory. Decided I wanted something simple and I can build upon. Hope it's not too boring or cliche.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:21 am 
WoC Architect (Site Founder & Owner)
WoC Architect (Site Founder & Owner)

GSID: Elvamir
Name of Main PC: Elvamir Dy'ness
Welcome to Caenyr!

zeppelinmage wrote:
Elv's not that short.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:28 pm 
WoC Designer
WoC Designer

Delvorin wrote:
ahhhh, that's disappointing. Zenegral seemed like a great place to be a part of as a warrior of good. If I understand your comment correctly, it still exists as a part of the world and I can still be from and raised in Zenegral?

Hello, and welcome to Caenyr. :D

To answer your Zenegral question, I give you the following excerpt from our timeline.

Zenegral is part of our history, and as such you can RP about it as you see fit. :) However, since it is currently 954 A.L. (After Larelac), and Zenegral sunk in 920, the minimum age you could be is 34; more so if you wanted to be "raised" there, as opposed to born there. ;)

Hope this helps. :)

Quote:
0920 AL (Nov-Dec06) A great secret concerning the Gods is uncovered through a discovery by Karissa Soultaker, and investigation by Jaerik. It's learned that those who were imprisoned by Karissa Soultaker, blamed their fate on the father and conceived a plot which imprisoned him upon their release. He has been in this prison for decades.

Time is stopped as a great battle between the Gods takes place in Zenegral, when Jaerik attempts to free the Father from his celestial prison. As a result of the war, the deities Cerestra, Mor'tep, Qua'ryn, and Arynaesis fall, and the Kingdom of Zenegral sinks in to Lake Adorna. The Goddess Govannon is banished to an eternal prison, and Telmara is cast back in to the mortal realm.

Karissa Soultaker ascends to become Karissa, Goddess of Lust, Manipulation, and the Unnatural.The Father awards her this gift for her aid in freeing him from his prison.

Alexandra Alyssa appointed Regent of Chail

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm 
Caenyr Citizen
Caenyr Citizen

Name of Main PC: Ithilwen Nesseldeori
Delvorin wrote:
Awesome, another Salvatore fan. Which was your favorite series or book? I know it's so hard to narrow it down. :p Mine would have to be Hunter's Blade Trilogy, though as a single book, Ghost King was probably my fave. I love crossovers and Drizzt, Jarlaxle, AND Cadderly is just win.

Its hard to pinpoint which is my favorite, although I really enjoyed the black cover series. I read all the way up through The Hunter's Blades Trilogy then moved on to other books, but I want to go back and read through the Drizzt series once again to refresh my mind. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:13 am 
Caenyr Citizen
Caenyr Citizen

Welcome! The Praetorians just finished hunting down some cursed lycanthropes with the aid of the Midnight company and a danged pirate. Would love to have one of your characters join us to fight off the next threat! PM me if you'd like.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."

T E Lawrence

Offline Profile