All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 1:52 am

Post subject: FAQ: Roleplay difficulty
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:10 pm 
WoC Architect (Site Founder & Owner)
WoC Architect (Site Founder & Owner)

GSID: Elvamir
Name of Main PC: Elvamir Dy'ness
I'm pretty new to role-playing, and I've never played Dungeons & Dragons or any of that stuff. Will I be able to play here?
Absolutely YES. First off, WoC is designed to accommodate role-players of any skill level, from beginner to veteran. We are not a "hard-core" role-play environment, but definitely a heavy role-play environment. The players and Enhancers within this community are more than happy to help you grow as a role-player along the way, and you'll find it very easy to jump right in and get use to things, especially as you meet and adventure with other players. As for D&D, you don't have to worry about that either. Although Neverwinter Nights itself is based on D&D, and thus many components of World of Caenyr, we are truly devoted to being a role-play mythos and genre in and of itself. So despite what you may have experienced with D&D, the chances are those same things are handled very differently in World of Caenyr, so there is no requirement to be at all familiar with D&D to play here.

zeppelinmage wrote:
Elv's not that short.

Offline Profile